MY PAGES

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Life reboot, yoga teacher training in India

Again and again, I have turned to yoga in times of struggle and times of loss.Yoga has taught me many things over the years, but most of all, to appreciate the moment and to accept myself and others without judgment. Currently in the midst of an exciting and frightening career change, I once again look to yoga to offer tools for and acceptance of personal transformation. However, this time, I want to take it one step further. In addition to deepening my own practice, I want to train to teach yoga here in Colorado. So, I'm asking for your help to accomplish these goals of sharing and teaching the many lessons yoga has to offer while re-energizing my life along the way. 

Always an anthropologist and a wanderer at heart, I want to do my teacher training in India, the birthplace of yoga. I plan to attend a 5 week teacher training at an ashram in Rishikesh, India. This course will not only be personally transformative, but will cover yoga philosophy, anatomy, asanas (poses), chants and prayers, and cultural aspects of Indian festivals. In other words, it will also prepare me to teach yoga, write about yoga, and guide people in living by the principles of yoga.


If interested, this is also a chance to follow someone through the teacher training process and experience of ashram living as I will (if permitted) blog throughout the journey or keep a journal to share upon my return. You can follow me now and later atanthropologyofthefamiliar.blogspot.com.

I am asking for your help to cover the following anticipated expenses. Any amount helps and all donations are appreciated!

Course/living expenses paid to the ashram - $1,000
Airfare - $1,500
Vaccinations - $1,000

TOTAL - $3,500

Thank you so much for your support! Even if you can't make a donation, please consider sharing.

http://www.gofundme.com/8abltg

No comments:

Post a Comment